Click here to view our COMMUNITY WORKDAY CALENDAR
Join us every 3rd Saturday for our Community Workday at Kaʻōnohi!
9:00 – 9:30 am Hoʻolauna & Moʻolelo (Introductions & Sharing)
9:30 – 12 pm Hana (Work Time)
**In efforts to mālama (care for) everyone and due to the rise in COVID cases, we ask that we practice social distancing. If you are feeling sick or if you or someone you have seen in the last 5 days has tested positive for COVID, we ask that you please rest at home this month. We would love to see you next time. Mahalo nui for understanding.
RSVP to email@example.com or on IG @hoolahou.ia.kalauao by the Friday before the work day so we have an idea of how many to expect.
- Clothing that is able to get dirty
- Comfortable footwear – tabis or boots, slippers for after
- Water bottle, snacks (We’ll have a water cooler & some grab & go snacks.)
- Hat, sunblock (but don’t put on your legs), change of clothes and towel if you want to change before leaving.
Park in the old Sears Pearlridge Makai parking lot (the one with the food trucks). Park on the end closest to Sumida Farm (the watercress farm) & Kamehameha Hwy. Don’t leave valuables in the car.
Walk from the parking lot toward Kamehameha Hwy and enter the driveway that leads to Sumida Farm. Walk all the way to the very end of the driveway where you see an old building and the monorail straight ahead (It’s a long driveway). We’ll be in the back lot under the big tarp.
- There are no bathrooms and no potable water on site
- Please practice social distancing and be respectful of others’ choices to mask or not mask as we all mālama (take care of) our ʻohana
- If you are feeling sick or if you are a close contact to someone who has tested positive for COVID, we ask that you please rest at home this month. We would love to see you next time.
Please don’t forget to RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or on IG @hoolahou.ia.kalauao by the Friday before the work day so we have an idea of how many to expect.